The Undivine Comedy: I’M GONNA TELL GOD EVERYTHING!
ul. Starowiślna 21
This play poses a difficult question: does any social revolution make sense, and is anti-Semitism an inextricable part of the Polish mindset? “The action takes place deep in the soil of Polish contemporary life. Trees hang over the stage, and below their roots a noble manor neighbors a cafe for Sunday philosophers, a photocopy place, and a psychotherapist’s couch. In the background there is a watchtower and a carousel like the one that spun near the wall of the Warsaw Ghetto in Miłosz’s poem. Barbara Niechcic (a brilliant Dorota Segda) lives off a nostalgia for the epoch of aristocrats. Zygmunt Krasiński/ Count Henryk (Marcin Czarnik/ Małgorzata Hajewska-Krzysztofik) is going mad with fright seeing the new times approaching, as he sees incarnated by the economically powerful Jews, among them Rothschild/the Wolf of Wall Street (Szymon Czacki) – a symbol of the Holocaust, the postwar pogroms, and today’s 1% wealthy population,” wrote Aneta Kyzioł in Polityka. A brilliantly acted performance with a provocative finale that will leave no viewer indifferent; this production received many prestigious theater awards.
The protagonists of Strzępka and Demirski’s “Undivine” are bleak figures. Wallowing in all that which we beautifully call “the national myth.” Except here it is deconstructed—it is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but above all, painfully uncompromising. We are dealing with a deranged reality. Madness is the key word. (…) The world has been knocked off its axis and neither Strzępka nor Demirski pretend it is any different. This is the genius of their play. A genius laced with irony and grotesque.
Alicja Müller, Teatralia
- Małgorzata Zawadzka AUSCHWITZ TOUR/THE ANXIETIES OF COUNT HENRYK
- Dorota Segda BARBARA NIECHCIC/PROZAC
- Radomir Rospondek CONVERT/LEONARD
- Juliusz Chrząstowski ORCIO/EVERYDAY MORNING ANXIETIES
- Michał Majnicz PANKRACY/DEVIL
- Adam Nawojczyk PAPA WINCENTY/ARCH-TRAGEDY
- Szymon Czacki WOLF OF WALL STREET/ROTSCHILD
- Anna Radwan WIFE/PANKRACY
- Monika Frajczyk (a guest actress), Magda Grąziowska, Marta Nieradkiewicz (a guest actress) DZIEWICA / MELANCHOLIA **
- Marcin Czarnik (a guest actor), Radosław Krzyżowski KRASIŃSKI / HRABIA HENRYK
- Dorota Pomykała DZIEWICA / MELANCHOLIA
- Marta Ojrzyńska (a quest actress), Monika Frajczyk (a guest actress) PRZECHRZTA / CEPELIA WINY **
- Małgorzata Hajewska-Krzysztofik, Ewa Kaim KRASIŃSKI / HRABIA HENRYK **
- Paweł Demirski Dramaturgy
- Michał Korchowiec Set design, costumes
- Jan Suświłło Music
- Bogdan Długosz Recorded music
- Hanna Nowak Stage manager / prompter / assistant director